Away from the city

We're on a holiday, sitting outside our tent in the middle of nothing - far form the city and the urban rush. The darkness of the night is flooded by the soft, loving light of the full moon. A soothing breeze is blowing through the trees, and the rustle of the leaves is the only sound breaking the silence.

I'm sitting beside her - the partner of my dreams - my dream come true. I'm thinking about her, and the struggles I went through to find her, and the happiness when she finally accepted me. Is she thinking about me too? Reluctant to break the silence and the darkness, only our fingers do the talking. Her touch sends a chill through my body. I want to wrap her in my arms and kiss her.

But she breaks the silence. 'Tomorrow we're going back, you remeber? Our project is waiting for us.'

Yes, tomorrow we'll have to go back. So many people depend on us, on the power of our dreams. Their happiness is our happiness - how can we stay away from the duties?

I look at her, and pass my fingers through her hair - her flowing, silky hair. 'I wish that tonight never ends', I tell her. 'I wish I can sit here forever, with you in my arms, just loving you and feeling loved - this is all I've ever prayed for.'

She turns at me and smiles. Her beautiful eyes sparkle even in the dim light. That shine is intoxicating, it comes from the bottom of her heart. It's what made me fall for her in the first place! I can't control myself, I hug her tightly, and our lips lock.

A shooting star flies across the distant horizon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunshine

Why

Our sanctuary