A very few of us have been lucky enough to have had a perfect life. Most of us have had to deal with some loss, or live in an environment, which was difficult in some way. Some of us have faced this as children, when we were not mature enough to deal with these situations in a clever way. In our eternal quest to survive, we created our personal sanctuaries to protect ourselves from these difficult situations or memories. Some of us found peace in literature, performing arts or competitive sports. Some turned to alcoholism and substance abuse. Some became social workers, some others became bullies or tyrants. Protected in this space, we have tried to concentrate the energy that we have missed - be it peace, power or love. From a very young age, I found my sanctuary in fantasy. I built an imaginary world around me, where I was loved unconditionally, because feeling loved is what I have missed consciously and subconsciously throughout my growing age. In my make-believe world, I am loved t...
Comments
Post a Comment