When words are powerless
One day it had seemed that I could heal you with my words.
Positivism - I could bring it in loads, and it would wash the darkness away. And just like me, you would be reborn, from the ashes of the past.
But is it really so easy? Do words make any difference to someone who's haunted everyday by demons of not only the past, but even of the dreaded future?
I wish I could stand beside you, hold your hand, and could transfer you light and happiness just like in that movie. But here I am, with nothing but distance and a bunch of words, trying to bring back the 'you' that I had pictured in my mind.
The cold wind blows the words away, and I'm left in despair.
What else do I have?
What else can I do to bring back those days of sunshine - those eyes sparkling with joy and hope, that wonderful heart thanking a humble vendor for a simple breakfast, those feet dancing to the tune of a fountain?
I thought words are powerful, then why do I feel so helpless now?
Give me your hand... or, let me give you a warm hug. Will touch be able to heal when words are powerless?
Positivism - I could bring it in loads, and it would wash the darkness away. And just like me, you would be reborn, from the ashes of the past.
But is it really so easy? Do words make any difference to someone who's haunted everyday by demons of not only the past, but even of the dreaded future?
I wish I could stand beside you, hold your hand, and could transfer you light and happiness just like in that movie. But here I am, with nothing but distance and a bunch of words, trying to bring back the 'you' that I had pictured in my mind.
The cold wind blows the words away, and I'm left in despair.
What else do I have?
What else can I do to bring back those days of sunshine - those eyes sparkling with joy and hope, that wonderful heart thanking a humble vendor for a simple breakfast, those feet dancing to the tune of a fountain?
I thought words are powerful, then why do I feel so helpless now?
Give me your hand... or, let me give you a warm hug. Will touch be able to heal when words are powerless?
Comments
Post a Comment