Untitled

Something is not true about this - otherwise why are we so scared to show it off? Am I just building sand castles and trying to pretend to myself that it's real? Why does the distance feel so terrible - why am I scared to let go for even a moment? Why do I feel this emptiness when I'm not chasing happiness?

"Out of sight, out of mind" - that's me for everyone except the ones I deeply care about. Is it is same for you too? Will you miss me if I'm late or gone, or nothing will change, just like it didn't for so many of them? Do you miss me in your sorrow? Do you miss me the same in your happiness too? I struggle to understand, and believe - because there is so less tangible between us!

I created a dream to escape a death trap - then why do I feel so entangled? Can emptiness be so suffocating - or is it me desire to shape the emptiness to something beautiful?

------------

A last bus - and a tired girl - and seats full of nosy people. He takes her to the last seat to avoid attention. He offers her the seat beside the window, because they both love window seats. But she's tired, and it's dark outside. The last seat of the bus rocks constantly like a cradle. She leans her head on his shoulder and falls asleep - the first time she has done that. He wraps his hand around her shoulder, to reduce the vibrations on her neck. The nosy people stare. He throws them back a cold long stare, till they go back to their business.

For one moment, "what others will say" doesn't matter anymore. She's sleeping safely and peacefully on his shoulder in the last bus of a winter night - that's the only truth of the moment!

Will that moment of innocence and peace and defiance ever come back ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunshine

Why

Our sanctuary