Her dreams, your goals

A succulent was thriving on my friend's terrace.
It's thick wax-coated leaves shone in the bright sunlight,
the light green colour of youth standing out against the dull, rough
soil and the broken pot that held it.
Each thick leaf, and the sturdy stem reflected energy and joy.

I fell in love with the plant.
I asked my friend and brought it home.
I kept it at my desk, where I spend most of my time.
I kept looking at it every few moments.
'Hello, lovely plant, how are you doing today ?' 
I tried to talk to it, as I poured water in the pot.
Water, that had nutrients mixed in it.
I gave my plant a name.

But my care didn't seem to make my plant happy.
The stem drooped. The leaves showed wrinkles.
The energy, the spirit of life, seemed lost.

Sad, and not sure what to do, I transferred it to the balcony.
There, I'd not see it every moment. I felt bad.
To have taken the trouble to bring it home, seemed to be useless.
My love was hurt. I didn't visit the plant for a week.

And then suddenly, after few days, I happened to look at it.
There, it sat at the corner of the balcony, neglected and untouched.
But astonishingly, life had returned to it.
The strength was back in its stem and leaves. The wax shone brilliantly.
I could feel it smile at the sun, play with the insects.
A tiny spider had made it it's home.

My plant seemed so happy!
So it loved them more? The scorching sun, the neglected corner,
the spider and it's webs ?
And all my love, care and affection - it didn't mean anything ?

Yes, it hurt.
But I could not take the plant inside my room again.
How could I be happy by making it lose it's charm?
I met it less, but every meeting was much more satisfying.

And then one day, came the ultimate surprise - 
a bright red flower sticking out from a thin sprout!
She swayed with the wind, flirted with the bees, danced with joy.

I felt ecstatic. My earlier sacrifice seemed glorious.
Finally, my plant and me, both were happy !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


That girl you love, or maybe have a crush on -
What makes her so wonderful?
The charm in her smile? The strength in her dreams?
The spirit in her footsteps?
What makes you forget everything when she is around?

That smile, that dream, that spirit - protect it with everything you have.
All of her smiles may not be for you.
None of them maybe.
But does it matter?
Help her realize her dreams.
Help her smile more.
Make sure her joy faces no obstacles.

Let her be where she's happy.
Her happiness, her smiles - that's the reason you love her, right?

Know in your heart, that she may not be yours. Yet, or ever.
But you've been a part of her happiness.
You've been a force behind her dreams.

Isn't that the most wonderful thing !!?

And on the day she blossoms, you'll know
that whatever you did was right.
Your love hasn't failed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunshine

Why

Our sanctuary